Privacy & Legal
Apple Health Care, Inc, d/b/a Apple Rehab Corporate its affiliates and related companies, make no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness of the information or that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Apple Rehab assumes no liability for any loss, damage or expense from any errors found within this material. Under no circumstances shall Apple Rehab be liable for any losses or damages, whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or reliance on the information, or from the use of the Internet generally.
The information, artwork, text, video, audio and pictures contained on the Apple Rehab website are protected by copyright laws. You may only access and use these materials for personal educational purposes, which shall include printing necessary forms. You may not use or modify these material without the prior written consent of Apple Rehab.
Apple Rehab, its affiliates and related companies, is committed to protecting the privacy of data that is submitted to this website. It is our policy that personal information, such as name, postal and email address or telephone number, is private and confidential. This information may be collected when you request additional information relating to our facilities and is stored in a secure location and used only for the purposes for which you provided. If you chose to offer personal information to Apple Rehab, in no case will Apple Rehab, sell, license or transmit that information to third parties. Any information that you provide to Apple Rehab is kept confidential and secure. No personal information will be released to third parties, except to further the purpose for which you provide the information, such as requesting information, or if release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
If you are a guest, employee or relative of Apple Rehab, please read the applicable HIPAA Notice to learn how we protect personal health information. (See HIPPA NOTICE below)
Statistical information concerning the usage of the site may be collected. This information allows Apple Rehab to monitor its utilization and continuously improve the quality of the site.
This site is not directed toward children. Apple Rehab asks that no one under the age of 13 provide any personal information.
This site has security to protect the loss, misuse and alternation of the information under our control.
21 Waterville Road
Notice of Privacy Practice of Health Information (HIPAA)
This notice descibes how medical information is managed and disclosed and how to get access to this information.
This Apple Health Care Facility is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices. This Apple Health Care Facility must abide by the terms of the notice currently in effect; however this Apple Health Care Facility reserves the right to change the terms of this notice as well as make the new provisions effective for all protected health information maintained. In addition, a copy of the effective notice will be posted at all times in the facility, with a date notifying you of the most recent update.
This Apple Health Care facility is not required to obtain consent or authorization to use and disclose information about you under the following circumstances:
- For purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations, including the release of information to:
- An insurance company, Medicare, Medicaid
- Any person or entity affiliated with billing and quality and risk management.
- Any hospital, nursing home, or other health care facility in which you may be admitted
- Any assisted living or personal care facility
- Any physician providing you care
- Any business associate of this Apple Health Care Facility
- Licensing and accrediting bodies
- When this Apple Health Care Facility is required by law
- For certain public health activities or health care oversight activities
- When this Apple Health Care Facility reasonably believes that you are a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence
- In certain judicial administrative hearings
- In certain circumstances, to coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors
- For certain law enforcement purposes
- For cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation purposes
- For certain research purposes
- For certain Fundraising purposes
- For workers’ compensation purposes
- For specialized government functions, including military and veterans’ activities, national security and intelligence activities, medical suitability determinations, correctional institution and custodial situations
This Apple Health Care Facility is only required to inform you in advance and allow you to object to the use and disclosure of information about you under the following circumstances
- For use in a directory of individuals served by this Apple Health Care Facility
- To a family member, other close relative, close personal friend, or other identified person involved in your care
- Activities programs
Uses and disclosures not specifically addressed in this notice will be made only with your written authorization, including:
- Psychotherapy notes (notwithstanding the provisions allowing uses
- Marketing, except face-to-face communication and promotional gifts of nominal value
Subject to certain conditions, you have the right under the law, to:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosure of information about you (although the facility is not required to agree with the request)
- Receive confidential communication of protected health information
- Inspect and copy protected health information
- Amend protected health information
- Receive an accounting of disclosures
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may complain to Apple Health Care, Inc. and the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for complaints filed. For further information or to make a complaint, contact:
Apple Health Care, Inc.
Attention Peggy Welch, Privacy Officer
21 Waterville Road
Avon, CT 06001
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Secretary
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
(202) 619-0257 OR Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775