Privacy & Legal
Apple Health Care, Inc, d/b/a Apple Rehab Corporate its affiliates and related companies, make no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness of the information or that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Apple Rehab assumes no liability for any loss, damage or expense from any errors found within this material. Under no circumstances shall Apple Rehab be liable for any losses or damages, whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or reliance on the information, or from the use of the Internet generally.
The information, artwork, text, video, audio and pictures contained on the Apple Rehab website are protected by copyright laws. You may only access and use these materials for personal educational purposes, which shall include printing necessary forms. You may not use or modify these material without the prior written consent of Apple Rehab.
Apple Rehab, its affiliates and related companies, is committed to protecting the privacy of data that is submitted to this website. It is our policy that personal information, such as name, postal and email address or telephone number, is private and confidential. This information may be collected when you request additional information relating to our facilities and is stored in a secure location and used only for the purposes for which you provided. If you chose to offer personal information to Apple Rehab, in no case will Apple Rehab, sell, license or transmit that information to third parties. Any information that you provide to Apple Rehab is kept confidential and secure. No personal information will be released to third parties, except to further the purpose for which you provide the information, such as requesting information, or if release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
If you are a guest, employee or relative of Apple Rehab, please read the applicable HIPAA Notice to learn how we protect personal health information. (See HIPPA NOTICE below)
Statistical information concerning the usage of the site may be collected. This information allows Apple Rehab to monitor its utilization and continuously improve the quality of the site.
This site is not directed toward children. Apple Rehab asks that no one under the age of 13 provide any personal information.
This site has security to protect the loss, misuse and alternation of the information under our control.
21 Waterville Road
Notice of Privacy Practice of Health Information (HIPAA)
This notice descibes how medical information is managed and disclosed and how to get access to this information.
This Apple Health Care Facility is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices. This Apple Health Care Facility must abide by the terms of the notice currently in effect; however this Apple Health Care Facility reserves the right to change the terms of this notice as well as make the new provisions effective for all protected health information maintained. In addition, a copy of the effective notice will be posted at all times in the facility, with a date notifying you of the most recent update.
This Apple Health Care facility is not required to obtain consent or authorization to use and disclose information about you under the following circumstances:
- For purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations, including the release of information to:
- An insurance company, Medicare, Medicaid
- Any person or entity affiliated with billing and quality and risk management.
- Any hospital, nursing home, or other health care facility in which you may be admitted
- Any assisted living or personal care facility
- Any physician providing you care
- Any business associate of this Apple Health Care Facility
- Licensing and accrediting bodies
- When this Apple Health Care Facility is required by law
- For certain public health activities or health care oversight activities
- When this Apple Health Care Facility reasonably believes that you are a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence
- In certain judicial administrative hearings
- In certain circumstances, to coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors
- For certain law enforcement purposes
- For cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation purposes
- For certain research purposes
- For certain Fundraising purposes
- For workers’ compensation purposes
- For specialized government functions, including military and veterans’ activities, national security and intelligence activities, medical suitability determinations, correctional institution and custodial situations
This Apple Health Care Facility is only required to inform you in advance and allow you to object to the use and disclosure of information about you under the following circumstances
- For use in a directory of individuals served by this Apple Health Care Facility
- To a family member, other close relative, close personal friend, or other identified person involved in your care
- Activities programs
Uses and disclosures not specifically addressed in this notice will be made only with your written authorization, including:
- Psychotherapy notes (notwithstanding the provisions allowing uses
- Marketing, except face-to-face communication and promotional gifts of nominal value
Subject to certain conditions, you have the right under the law, to:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosure of information about you (although the facility is not required to agree with the request)
- Receive confidential communication of protected health information
- Inspect and copy protected health information
- Amend protected health information
- Receive an accounting of disclosures
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may complain to Apple Health Care, Inc. and the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for complaints filed. For further information or to make a complaint, contact:
Apple Health Care, Inc.
Attention Peggy Welch, Privacy Officer
21 Waterville Road
Avon, CT 06001
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Secretary
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
(202) 619-0257 OR Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTICE
SECTION 1557 of the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
Apple Health Care, Inc. and each of its facilities it manages complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex and does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Each facility shall provide free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as: Qualified sign language interpreters, written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats) and to provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters or information written in other languages.
If you believe that Apple Health Care, Inc. or any of its facilities has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with the facility’s and organization’s Civil Rights Coordinator. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Civil Rights Coordinator is also available to help you.
If you need these services or file a grievance, contact
Christian B. Shelton, Civil Rights Coordinator
21 Waterville Road
Avon, CT 06001
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 860.678.9755.
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 860.678.9755.
UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 860.678.9755.
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l'italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 860.678.9755.
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 860.678.9755.
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 860.678.9755.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 860.678.9755.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 860.678.9755.
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم: 860.678.9755
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 860.678.9755.
KUJDES: Nëse flitni shqip, për ju ka në dispozicion shërbime të asistencës gjuhësore, pa pagesë. Telefononi në 860.678.9755.
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 860.678.9755.
ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Αν μιλάτε ελληνικά, στη διάθεσή σας βρίσκονται υπηρεσίες γλωσσικής υποστήριξης, οι οποίες παρέχονται δωρεάν. Καλέστε 860.678.9755.