Life at Ledgecrest
Nestled in the hills of Kensington, CT, Ledgecrest Health Care Center offers a tranquil setting for rehabilitation and long-term living. Our skilled nursing care is delivered in a warm, homelike atmosphere that encourages rehabilitation and recovery.
Our programs are designed to help each resident reach his or her maximum potential, whether they are admitted for short or long term care. Offering a full calendar of recreational and social programs for our residents, life at Ledgecrest is fun as well as therapeutic.
Ledgecrest offers an exceptional setting for:
- Rehabilitation – both short and long-term, following a stroke, illness, injury or surgery, including knee and hip replacements
- Long-term care – for people with chronic or debilitating illnesses
- Respite Care – short stays for people when their regular caregivers are not available
Our Staff and Services
Our staff includes a medical director, nurses, certified nursing assistants, a physical therapist, speech therapist, social worker, recreational therapist and dietary manager.
- Mobility Retraining
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Balance Activities
- Bracing and Orthotics
- Pre- and Post-Prosthetic Training
- Dining & Dressing Skills
- Strengthening Upper Body
- Contacts with Community Resources
- Meal Preparation Training
- Swallowing Evaluations and Therapy
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Techniques
- Cognitive and Memory Retention Programs
- Intravenous Therapy
- Wound Care
- Respite Care
- Family & Resident Support Groups
- Rehab Team Home Safety Evaluations
To Learn More
Ledgecrest participates with many major insurance companies. We’d be happy to talk with you further and introduce you to life at Ledgecrest. Just call our Admissions Coordinator at (860) 828-0583 or FAX: (860) 828-4946.